Laser-(Powder)-Cladding works by fusing new material onto old worn out surfaces through welding by laser. The new materials strengthen and enhance the original component to lengthen its lifespan, thereby improving overall engine efficiency at a fraction of the cost of buying a new component.
- Laser-Powder-Cladding creates a metallurgical bonding.
- Resulting coating is 100% dense with no voids or porosity.
- Concentrated beam of energy from the laser can be focused and concentrated to a very small area and keeps the heat-affected zone of the base material very shallow. This minimizes the chance of cracking, distorting or changing the metallurgy of the base material.
- Substantial savings, as parts would be scrapped otherwise.
Workshops in Hamburg/Germany, Singapore and Osaka/Japan. See the video.
- Reconditioning to standard size of 4-stroke engine piston ring grooves (GL-certified process).
- Reconditioning to standard size of turbocharger rotorshafts (bearing areas and sealing grooves), (GL-certified process).